The Social Security System is a program that private sector employees have access to. To use the platform, you need to know how to register SSS Online.
This way, by making the SSS Online registration, the member may have access to various information.
Some of them are the history of jobs, extract monthly contributions, consult the benefits arising from the SSS, and many other services available!
We have prepared this guide to assist those who do not have a registered account with SSS.
However, if you already have registration and want to check your monthly contributions, click on How to check SSS Contribution Inquiry and check out!
To learn how to make SSS online registration for new members, check below:
- How to Register SSS Online Number
- Why Register SSS Online
- Required Documents for the Issuance of SSS Number
- General Information
How to Register SSS Online Number
If you do not yet own your Social security number, you can resort to the SSS website.
Check below how to do it:
- Complete the online form in full, without forgetting any field;
- You will receive an email that you must access to continue the registration process. This email expires in 5 days, so try to access it within this time or you will need to start the process from the beginning;
- Once you click on the link available in the email, you must provide all the requested information;
- After verifying the data, the SSS number will be generated and the applicant should address a SSS branch to effective its registration.
- After clicking on the “Generate SS number” option, you will have access to the SSS number and you can print the E-Personal Record;
- In addition, you will receive an email confirming your number. Once you print the Personal record Form, the SS Number Slip, you will need to go to a branch with the necessary documentation and continue the process in order to make your registration.
Why Register SSS Online
Having access to the online platform yields several benefits to members.
Anyone who chooses to use this mode of access saves a lot of time and resources.
This way, you don’t need to move to a branch to check your contributions or request some service.
In addition, you can check your monthly contributions.
This allows you to verify if the employer is doing the due.
Monitoring the regularity of the payment of benefits is essential, because only in this way you can get the benefits when you need it, as it is required that you contribute at least 3 months to be able to receive.
Required Documents for the Issuance of SSS Number
Some of the requirements for SSS are certain documents. Check out the list:
- Birth Certificate;
In the absence of the Birth Certificate, you must submit one of these documents:
- Baptismal Certificate
- Driver’s License
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) card
- Seaman’s Book(Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book)
It is recommended that the applicant address a branch of the SSS to physically present the required documentation.
Registrant’s membership status with SSS shall remain “Temporary” until submission of the required supporting documents.
Thus, the use of the SS should be used exclusively for payment of contribution and for issuing the employer’s report.